Sunday, October 24, 2010

A quilt, a name and the bump!

I decided I wanted to make a blanket for the baby a long time ago. So the day we found out it was a girl I was off to find material! I made one of those rag quilts for one of my nieces a few years ago and loved the way it turned out so I decided to go that route again. I have to say, I'm quite pleased with myself and the result!

Tommy and I knew the name of our baby whether it be a boy or girl before we even knew we were pregnant but I've decided to go ahead and share and get your opinions!

Lylah Mae Merrill :)
but we can't quite seem to agree on spelling... I've always liked Lilah.. Tommy likes Lyla.. I've decided I like the Y well enough but still like the H on the end and he's not so sure. So what do you all think?!


and last but not least... the bump! Here I am in all my prego glory at 21 weeks! sorry not the best picture.. but thats what you get when you ask the hubs to take a picture of the belly!

8 comments:

Emily Lauren said...

Love the bump, Nat! You're so cute. Can't wait to see it in person. Also love the quilt (teach me, or do a blog tutorial, please :)

Lastly, LOVE the name.

I personally would leave off the h. BUT, we took the h out of Beckam (traditionally spelled Beckham), so we generally think h's are overrated- just kindof phonetically unnecessary, since you don't actually SAY them.

With that being said, either spelling is beautiful. And the name is great. So excited for you guys :)

Tahnee said...

i think i like Lyla! .... jusy my opinion! your guys opinion matters most! good job on blanket! and your looking super cute pregnant :)

{love, mj.} said...

cute blanket! and i LOVE your baby bump!

mindy said...

first of all... Congrats on baby girl!

and what are you talking about- craftiness?! i couldn't make a blanket like that if i tried all year!!!! haha. SO cute. you did a good job!!!

Jordyn Perkins said...

Lylah Mae, absolutely love it! First off, I like 'y's. As I was told growing up, it makes a name more feminine (which you need when you are given a predominantly boy name!) But Lylah is all girl. I liked how it looked with an H, but whichever way is cute. Congrats you guys! And you are the amazing craft woman, love the quilt! Wish I had that kind of talent!

The*Evans*Family said...

What a cute baby bump! I think the name is adorable too. My name is spelled a bit differently and I always have to spell my name for people (which isn't a big deal). You do what you love! The beauty of having your own kid. :)

Lynsey

Christie Knight said...

Such a cute name..spelled either way! I would love to know how you did the blanket..teach me please! One more thing-cute bump!!!

Amanda and David Jones said...

You're too cute! I miss you!