Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mothers Day

This was my first Mothers Day. Words cannot express how grateful I am for my baby girl. She is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I am so grateful she came to us and has given me the chance to be a mother. I am so grateful for my mother and the amazing woman and example she has been to me. I only hope I can follow in her footsteps and be that kind of mother to Lyla. I love waking up to this face everyday.. and getting to stay home with her and watch her grow :) I love you baby girl!I wasn't sure I knew how to be a mother. Last year was not a fun Mothers day for me.. we had recently lost our 2nd pregnancy and I longed for my baby..and for the feeling of motherhood. Then February 17th came, and the most beautiful baby girl entered the world and filled that emptiness in my heart. I knew I could be a mother, and raise this baby girl the best I could.. because I had a wonderful mom to teach me.

2 comments:

Lance and Kimberlee said...

I had the same feelings when it came to motherhood, but like you I was blessed with a wonderful mom who showed me how its done. Your mom is so neat and little Lyla is lucky to have you. Isn't it the best being home with your baby all day? Some days are difficult, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Ron and Paula said...

Thanks for the tribute Nat! I also had a great mother to learn from. You are and will continue to be a great mom to Lyla and all the others that follow her into your family. :) Love you!