Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Im only 21!

ok so we just moved into our new ward like 2 1/2 - 3 months ago. So still brand new! I've met a few families and members but not many. No one has even come to welcome us yet so we thought we were in the clear :)... wrong! We get a call the other night asking if we could meet with bishop before church sunday...oh dang... I say yes and we head down to the church 30 minutes early. We go into bishops office, meet the bishopric then sit down. Bishop talks to Tommy for a few minutes and asks if hes nervous and what not. He then says well brother Merrill, we called you in here today to issue your wife a calling! WHAT!!! NO! So of course Tommy has a grin on his face from ear to ear while they call me to the position of "compassionate service LEADER." Your kidding right?! I'm only 21, isn't that a job for the older more established ladies in the ward?! I don't know whether to take it as a compliment on they think I have lots of compassion to do this job, or they think I dont have enough and need lots more! hmm.... Well I accepted and headed off. I then call my mom and sisters to tell them the news when they all inform me of how big of job that is... suck... I guess I should've known when I founf out there has been 13 babies born in our ward since january! yes I said 13.... well, I'm hoping its a blessing in disguise :) jk..I am excited and hope I can fulfill my calling how I am expected to! If anyone has any pointers feel free to comment! wish me luck :)

4 comments:

Stephanie Walker said...

Oh you'll do great...no worries. But this does mean you will have to go to Relief Society every week now!!! ;)No ditching out early! Have fun with it!

The McKnights said...

Congrats Natty! We know you will do great at it. :)

-bri

Heather said...

Hey Natalie :) Can I get your address for my baby shower? heatherdalene@gmail.com

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

you'll do fine i'm sure, that's why you were called to do it...but ask kim about when she did it in GA