Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I've found a new love....

for SEWING! :) I really have been wanting to learn how to sew for awhile now. So for my birthday back in September Tommy bought me a sewing machine! Then...it sat... and sat...and sat... till NOW! I decided to be crafty :) In our master bedroom we dont have a door on the bathroom, just the "poop closet" as Tommy refers to it... so when Tommy wakes up super early the light shines right in my face while im still snoozing away! So I decided to get some curtains for convenience and cuteness. Well I bought some, and they were about half the door length TOO SHORT! (oops!..) So I decided I was going to get some cute fabric, cut the black ones in half, add the fabric and some cute trim in the middle! Easy enough right? I got out my machine and trusty little manual and went to town! Im quite impressed with how they turned out!!

BEFORE:
AFTER:

k and yes I know everyone and their mom has made curtains before, but this was my very first time sewing ALL BY MYSELF! so humor me :)

10 comments:

lisa said...

I love them! My next project is curtains for our front room (which happens to be red and black) so I might totally steal these curtains from you!

Tahnee said...

so dang cute!!!!

Aaron & Laura said...

They are so darn cute! We are just the best sewers in town!! haha BRING ON THE APRONS!! :)

Christie Knight said...

Thats awesome..and we are totally stealing your idea for putting curtains in that same exact location in our bedroom! I have a sewing machine too and we should get together for some crafty fun!!!

Winn & Holly Workman said...

Wow nat...i have to say i am quite impressed at your sewing skills! they are way cute!

Stephanie Walker said...

Way to go Nat! I need to come out and see them and bring the kiddos to see trigger.

Ron and Paula said...

Way to go Nat! Glad to see I passed on my mad sewing skills to you. :) So cute!

Sandi said...

um....LOVE THEM!!!! Will you make me some?? :)

LSWright said...

They turned out good! Now you will have to teach me how to sew!

The*Evans*Family said...

Super impressive! They turned out great! I sewed some stuff last week with the help of a friend. I showed Matt and he said, "I had no idea you could sew." I just laughed.