Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lyla Mae Merrill

This is a post just for my princess. I was pretty good at blogging for her whole first year. Writing down her firsts, posting lots of pics, writing down fun things she was doing each month, and then I got lazy! and I missed a whole year of "remembering" my baby girl! I did a quick catch up post but want to do a more thorough one of my baby girl turning 2! I can't believe I'm writing this post and its already 6 months past due.. soon I'll be writing her 3rd birthday post and that just hurts my heart a little bit. I love love love watching her grow and learn and develop, but I just want time to slow down! the song by Kenny Chesney 'Don't Blink' is way more touching to me now. She is the funnest, sweetest, smartest, WEIRDEST little girl I know! She is definitely an original and I wouldn't have it any other way! My most favorite thing to do is put her to bed in the evenings..because she snuggles me! we sing songs and laugh and talk about our day and what we wanna do the next day and its the best. Her favorite song to sing is twinkle twinkle and I love to see the temple! Around the time of her birthday she was obsessed with The Lorax movie (and still Gabba of course!) and we watched it probably WAY too many times for mine and her sakes (I was prego and super sick for the record). So I decided to throw her a little Dr Suess themed party. We just had a few friends and cousins come and had everything themed around dr suess books. Lyla had such a good time and everything turned out so cute! Some things about Lyla...
-knows her abc's
-can count to 10 on her own and 20 with a little assistance
-loves potstickers! everytime I ask her what she wants to eat no matter what time thats her request :)
-loves her blankies..and has to lseep with at least 2 of them at a time 
-loves her cousins
-loves to color
-would watch movies all day if I let her
-went from the lorax to monsters vs aliens to lilo and stitch and now monsters inc
-still an amazing sleeper
-wears size 2T clothes
-still in diapers.... (currently working on it!)
-wears size 6 shoe
-LOVES to swim (but doesn't love the splash pad or sprinkler..weirdo)
-LOVES Jesus and the temple.. and asks to go almost everyday :)
-says maybe for every suggestion she has.. "Maybe get some candy more, k mom?!"
-can shake her booty better than any other 2 year old I know :).. obsessed with music
-Loves her daddy..gets so excited to see him and loves to facetime him when hes at work
-Loves her brother and is the best big sister ever..a little smothersome..but the best!

We love our princess to pieces and can't believe how fast time has gone. I'm so grateful for the sweet spirit she bring into our home and the joy she brings to my life! I'm beyond grateful I get to be her mommy and spend my everydays with her! :) Now for the pic overload.. just some of my favorites over the past 2 years of my baby girl!!!

































No comments: